Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung About Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
AIMS & SCOPE:
Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung is an international, scientific, open access periodical published by independent, unbiased, and double-blind peer-review principles. The journal committed to promoting the highest standards of scientific exchange and education. The journal is published quarterly on March, July and November.
The journal’s publication language is English/Turkish.
Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung Journal aims to provide information exchange between readers and contribute to scientific development in the field of respiratory diseases, primarily in thoracic diseases, with retrospective, prospective or experimental research, review, case report, editorial comment/discussion, letter to editor, scientific letter, surgical technique, differential diagnosis, original image, what is your diagnosis?, medical book reviews, questions&answers, and current issues that set the medical agenda.
Editorial and Publication Process
The editorial and publication processes of the journal are shaped in accordance with the guidelines of the International Council of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME), the Council of Science Editors (CSE), the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the European Association of Science Editors (EASE), and National Information Standards Organization (NISO). The journal conforms to the Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing (doaj.org/bestpractice). International Association of Scientific, Technical & Medical Publishers.
● Neither the Editor(s) nor the publisher guarantees, warrants or endorses any product or service advertised in this publication.
● Articles are accepted for publication on the condition that they are original, are not under consideration by another journal, or have not been previously published.
● Direct quotations, tables, or illustrations that have appeared in copyrighted material must be accompanied by relevant permission for their use from the copyright owner and/or authors.
Statements or opinions expressed in the manuscripts published in the Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung reflect the views of the author(s) and not the opinions of the editors, the editorial board, or the publisher; the editors, the editorial board, and the publisher disclaim any responsibility or liability for such materials.
The final responsibility in regard to the published content rests with the authors.
Manuscripts submitted to Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung will go through a double-blind peer-review process. Each submission will be reviewed by at least two external, independent peer reviewers who are experts in their fields in order to ensure an unbiased evaluation process.
Acceptance is based on significance, and originality of the material submitted.
The editorial board will invite an external and independent editor to manage the evaluation processes of manuscripts submitted by editors or by the editorial board members of the journal. The Editor in Chief is the final authority in the decision-making process for all submissions.
If the article is accepted for publication, it may be subject to editorial revisions to aid clarity and understanding without changing the data presented.
You can see detailed information about the article evaluation process in the Article Review Process Chart.
Conflict of Interest
According to WAME, “Conflict of interest (COI) exists when there is a divergence between an individual’s private interests (competing interests) and his or her responsibilities to scientific and publishing activities such that a reasonable observer might wonder if the individual’s behavior or judgment was motivated by considerations of his or her competing interests.”
Potential conflicts of interest should be disclosed to the journal at the earliest stage.
An approval of research protocols by the Ethics Committee in accordance with international agreements (World Medical Association Declaration of Helsinki “Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects,” amended in October 2013, www.wma.net) is required for experimental, clinical, and drug studies and for some case reports. If required, ethics committee reports or an equivalent official document will be requested from the authors. For manuscripts concerning experimental research on humans, a statement should be included that shows that written informed consent of patients and volunteers was obtained following a detailed explanation of the procedures that they may undergo. For studies carried out on animals, the measures taken to prevent pain and suffering of the animals should be stated clearly. Information on patient consent, the name of the ethics committee, and the ethics committee approval number should also be stated in the Materials and Methods section of the manuscript. It is the authors’ responsibility to protect the patients’ anonymity carefully.
For photographs that may reveal the identity of the patients, signed releases of the patient or their legal representative should be enclosed, and the publication approval must be provided in the Materials and Methods section.
All submissions are screened by a similarity detection software (Crossref Similarity Check) at any point during the peer-review and/or production process.
In the event of alleged or suspected research misconduct, e.g., plagiarism, citation manipulation, and data falsification/fabrication, the Editorial Board will follow and act following COPE guidelines.
“Author” is considered to be the independent intellectual contributor to a published study and s/he has to fulfill the four criteria stated as authorship index listed below:
1. S/he has to provide important contributions to conceptual or planning stages of the study or collection/processing, analysis or interpretation of the data,
2. S/he has to make important intellectual/conceptual critical corrections for the preparation of study design or for the content.
3. S/he has to give approval for the study that is ready for publication,
4. S/he has to guarantee that questions about the accuracy and integrity of any part of the study have been searched and solved, and acknowledge that s/he is responsible for every detail of the study.
Anyone who is indicated as an author should have the characteristics of an author and the ones with these characteristics should be listed in the study in order.
It is the collective responsibility of the authors, not the journal to which the work is submitted, to determine that all people named as authors meet all four criteria.
The authors should be prepared to explain the author’s list when required.
Any contribution that is not qualified for authorship criteria should be mentioned in the “Acknowledgement” section.
Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung permits only one corresponding author, who is solely responsible for all correspondence.
Contributors who meet fewer than all 4 of the above criteria for authorship should not be listed as authors, but they should be acknowledged.
Conflict of interest, financial support, grants, and all other editorials (statistical analysis, language editing) and/or technical assistance if present, must be presented at the end of the text.
Conflict of Interest
1. Whether there are any moral and/or material support that may negatively impact the decision making process of the study during the evaluation phase of it from any pharmaceutical company, a company or business company providing and/or manufacturing medical devices, equipment and materials that directly relevant to the subject of this study should be clearly stated.
2. Whether there are any situations for its authors’ and/or family members’ potential conflict of interest like scientific and medical committee membership or a relationship with the members, supervision, expertise, working in a firm, shareholding, etc. should be clearly stated.
3. Collection of the data, interpretation of the results and whether there is any conflict of interest areas in the writing stages of the article should be clearly stated.
4. If the proposed publication concerns any commercial product, the author(s) must include a statement indicating that the author(s) has (have) no financial or other interest in the product or explaining the nature of any relation (including consultancies) between the author(s) and the manufacturer or distributor of the product.
5. The “Conflict of Interest Statement” that is available in AUTHOR FORMS should be signed by all the authors.
Copyright and License
Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung requires each submission to be accompanied by a Copyright Agreement. By signing this form, authors retain the copyright of their work and agree that the article, if accepted for publication by the Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung will be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives (CC BY-NC-ND) 4.0 International.
When using previously published content, including figures, tables, or any other material in both print and electronic formats, authors must obtain permission from the copyright holder. Legal, financial and criminal liabilities in this regard belong to the author(s).
Correction and Withdrawal Requests
Articles published by the Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung are the final versions. Therefore, correction requests after publication are evaluated by the Editorial Board following the COPE guidelines.
Typographical errors in author names, affiliations, article titles, abstracts, keywords, and DOIs can be corrected accompanied by an erratum.
Withdrawal requests are also subject to Editorial Board approval.
Statements or opinions expressed in the manuscripts published in Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung reflect the views of the author(s) and not the opinions of the editors, the editorial board, or the publisher; the editors, the editorial board, and the publisher disclaim any responsibility or liability for such materials. The final responsibility regarding the published content rests with the authors.
Copyright: All articles, drawings, figures and tables published in Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung cannot be reproduced in whole or in part without prior written permission from the publisher. Only for scientific purposes summarizing and quotations can be done with the condition of proper citations listed as references. Responsibility of the articles, figures and photos belongs to authors. And advertising parties are fully responsible for their advertisements.
Turkiye Klinikleri Journals cannot be sold by second parties, but will be distributed to persons in the related fields of health through subscriptions.
Publisher: Turkiye Klinikleri (Ortadogu Reklam Tanitim Yayincilik Turizm Egitim Insaat Sanayi A.S.)
Open Access: Content of Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung is accessable via the Internet with no-cost by every researcher.
For new user registration; please click.
To send articles to Turkiye Klinikleri Journals; please click. (For consideration, all articles must be submitted online. Articles submitted in other forms will not be considered.)
To subscribe and to reach former issues of Turkiye Klinikleri Journals; please click.
.: Process List